[mythtv-users] Commercial Skip

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Nov 19 17:38:38 EST 2003

> Is there an option I might be missing somewhere that I can't find in order to
> get commercial skip working. Actually I can't even verify that that is the
> actual problem, when I load a recorded program to play and try to load the
> editor, I get nothing on the screen (pressing both E and M). Any reason anyone
> can think of why the edit mode wouldn't load?

Commercial Flagging is activated on mythfrontend's playback settings page on
the third or fourth tab/page I believe.  Commercial skip/flagging has nothing
to do with the editor except for the fact that the editor allows copying the
(previously flagged) commercial skip list into the cutlist.  The cutlist
which the editor edits and the commercial skip list are two different
things.  The cutlist is always automatically skipped.  Commercials can be
skipped automatically by enabling Auto-Skip on the same setup page
as the Auto-Flagging option.

Not sure about the edit mode problem, it could be that for some reason your
files don't have a seektable or that the 'editing' flag is set in the
recorded table for the recording you're trying to edit.

--

Chris