[mythtv-users] Re: Echostar/DishNetwork receivers and lirc

Jason Miller jasonmiller at micron.com
Wed Nov 19 15:36:09 EST 2003

On 19/11/03 12:24 -0800, David Boreham wrote:

> > Bah!  Found my previous post after looking a little harder...
> >

> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?post=59567;search_string=jvc_raw;guest=1599498&t=search_engine#59567
> >

> Well that sure qualifies as a secret sauce recipe :)
> Thanks. Followup question: what hardware were
> you using for the IR Tx ?

I'm using a homebrew Tranceiver using this for the receiver:

http://www.lirc.org/receivers.html

and this for the transmitter:

http://www.lirc.org/improved_transmitter.html

Also of note, the 4000uF cap in the transmitter is major overkill.  You can
use about 200uF and it will work just fine for this purpose and actually fit
in a small box :)