[mythtv-users] Couldn't read data from the capture card in 15 seconds. Game over, man.

W Jason McMillon jason_mcmillon at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 19 14:18:57 EST 2003

 Nope it's an e-cube (chyang fun) with a Via P4M266A
chipset...

I don't think it's a chipset issue, because it does
just fine if you don't change the channel, or if you
set it to record only one show in between re-loading
the ivtv drivers...

any other ideas?

jason

On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 09:54, W Jason McMillon wrote:
> All is well with my setup (pvr 250, rh 9, using
> Jarod's documentation) until I change channel while
> watching live tv which locks the frontend and gives
> the following error on the backend:
>
> Couldn't read data from the capture card in 15
> seconds. Game over, man.
>
> I can also record only one program before having to
> load the ivtv drivers again.
[snip]

> Is there any way that I can check which version of
> ivtv i have loaded before running mythtv to ensure
> that I am doing everything properly? Any other
> solutions to my probelms?

Your motherboard wouldn't happen to have a kt133,
kt266 or kt400 chipset
would it. I have only see this on my board with the
kt133. I put my
pvr250 into my old 433 celeron w/ intel chipset
(backend only) and have
had no problems since.

Jayson