[mythtv-users] Looking for Capture Card Recommendations

Boyd II, Willy wboyd at fulbright.com
Wed Nov 19 10:25:48 EST 2003

I have no problem with my SB Live! value edition and the Alsa mixer.  Have
you tried upgrading alsa?

>So I'm looking for a new capture card. I don't need
>hardware MPEG, but I'd like a) decent video quality
>and b) audio capture built in so I can avoid the mixer-hell,
>and also use multiple capture cards in the future.
>
>Looking at the bttv cards list it seems like there should
>be at least one decent usable card out there, but it's hard
>to correlate the information there with what I see listed
>on hardware vendor's web sites (they change the chipsets
>on the cards without changing the model numbers).

Careful; From what I understand, the bttv cards that capture audio (mostly?)
use btaudio,
which I think only does 32000Hz sampling, and you'll need to make sure all
your settings
(in myth and sound out) agree with this, it's been the source of many a
complaint on the list.  I have no idea if the low sampling equates to lower
sound quality either.  However, multiple tuners would be a bonus, and much
cheaper than multiple pvr250's.  If you can find one on eBay though, I have
a 250 and it's like a dream compared to the analog tuners I've used in the
past :-)