[mythtv-users] Re:Anyone using xine or ogle with Mythtv?

Romel Llarena rdllarena at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 19 09:18:11 EST 2003

Hey Debian,

Thanks for the post. Yeah, I've come to learn that
Myth launches modules for some of its functionality.

You are right, both xine and ogle appear to be better
alternatives to mplayer. As a newbie, I thought it was
a matter of changing the application called under DVD
setup from mplayer to xine or ogle, but it appears
it's much more complicated than that, hence my post.

My reference to xine being something of a hack to get
it to work was actually an error on my part. In my
research I had misread a sentence in an older post. It
turns out getting menus to work in mplayer was a hack
by linking libdvdnav
(http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?post=84828;search_string=ogle;guest=1597263&t=search_engine#84828).

I'm anxious to get xine working and my reason for
requesting assistance on the Myth list is that it's a
follow up to the instructions that apatterson had
given in a previous thread. I could certainly post to
a xine list, but I would rather rely on a fellow myth
user as the information that they could provide would
be more specific to my situation.

Thanks!