[mythtv-users] Re: Mobo options?

Ben Curtis fmstratk at coronium.com
Tue Nov 18 23:27:57 EST 2003

> Asus A7N8X-X for $73, Chaintech 7NJL4 for $72, Shuttle AN35N400 for $60.
> All full ATX, from newegg. Chaintech also has a micro ATX nForce2 board
> without onboard video for $68 (7NIL1, also at newegg).
>
> Of those boards, if you have no problem using a full ATX board, I'd
> probably go Asus.

The list gets longe and longer! :)  OK, so I know Biostar aren't the best
boards on the market, but I've always had good times with them in the
past.  They've got a mailin rebate going on at Biostar, so from newegg I
can get the M7NCD Pro
http://www.biostar-usa.com/mbdetails.asp?model=m7ncd+pro for $50.  It's
got all the features I need (LAN/Audio/etc) with the nForce 2 chipset.
I've read some reviews on it and it performs really well, the only
complaints being lack of Raid and a few other features that I wouldn't be
using anyway.  Plus its full ATX, which I like since this is also my
server machine.

Anyone think I shouldn't go this route?  The price/features/chipset seem
right to me.

Thanks a ton btw, you guys are a true wealth of information.

Ben