[mythtv-users] Re: Mobo options?

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Tue Nov 18 20:09:42 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 15:55, Ben Curtis wrote:
> > If you like the Asus but think it costs too much try the Asus
> > A7V8X-X instead. KT400 chipset. I have never had any
> > significant problems with it and it is only $58 on NewEgg.
> >
> > Has onboard 6 channel sound, 10/100 LAN and supports
> > PC3200 RAM (I am using PC2700 and PC2100 is fine also).
> >

> Hrm, Asus' website doesn't say anything about on board LAN?  This will be
> a contender if it does.  I have a Geforce FX5200, so on board video isn't
> as important.  Can anyone else comment on the A7V8X-X since it's a Via
> board?

http://usa.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=A7V8X-X&langs=09

Says: LAN -- Realtek 10/100 Mbps Ethernet PHY

> I'm starting to lean toward the Chaintech 7NIF2, but the price is still
> pretty high.  Any other nForce boards that are cheaper?  Perhaps without
> onboard video?

Asus A7N8X-X for $73, Chaintech 7NJL4 for $72, Shuttle AN35N400 for $60.
All full ATX, from newegg. Chaintech also has a micro ATX nForce2 board
without onboard video for $68 (7NIL1, also at newegg).

Of those boards, if you have no problem using a full ATX board, I'd
probably go Asus.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...