[mythtv-users] Building a system from scratch

Boyd II, Willy wboyd at fulbright.com
Tue Nov 18 11:37:11 EST 2003

Not necessarily... like you said, with multiple tuners (or even one for that
matter), the hardcore encoder can let me capture at high-quality (and big
file size) at almost no cost to the cpu, while at the same time transcoding
in the background those same recordings down to a reasonable mpeg4 size.
Yes I know this is compressing twice (actually thrice since I'm on digital
satellite), but maybe it also stems from the fact I've always been
super-paranoid about audio/video sync :-)  I've been burned one that before,
so I love that the pvr recordings are perfectly synced... if yours are
sync'ed on an analog card, hey more power to you :-)

- Willy