[mythtv-users] Building a system from scratch

Myster Man Xsecrets at softhome.net
Tue Nov 18 09:45:02 EST 2003

Knoppmyth - http://www.mysettopbox.tv

> Processor?

AthlonXP - I have 1700+ and it has plenty of HP, but if it's cheap go
faster.

> Video Card?

Onboard Nforce

> Tuner Card?

PVR250/PVR350

> Motherboard?

Chaintek 7nif2 - this is a microATX board with onboard sound video and
LAN, and all of this works out of the box with the Knoppmyth distro. The
nice thing about the uATX form factor is you can get the Coolermaster
610/620 cases which are sweet for an AV rack.

> How much Memory?

I would do 2 sticks of DDR 256Mb so you can use the dual channel from
the nforce.

> What about harddrive space?

More is always better. So as much as you can afford.

> Remote?

I use the Grey remote that comes with the PVR250/350. It is a fairly
nice remote and also works out of the box with Knoppmyth.