[mythtv-users] Re:Feature Request: Caller ID

Vinton Coffman vintonc at redzone.com
Mon Nov 17 23:13:57 EST 2003

Have you looked in the contrib directory of the current cvs?  Look for
mythnotify/cidbcast.  I had to make a few modification the the init
string but I have it working with a Conexant HSF pci modem and the free
version of the driver from http://www.linuxant.com.

It works well but the small font and popup color make it hard to read.
I haven't had time to see what it takes to change those attributes.  It
doesn't work with the visorosd either.  That's the OSD only, not the
theme.  I'm not sure what's involved in adding support into the
visorosd.

original init string  S7=45 S0=0 L0 V1 X4 &c1 E0 Q0 #CID=1 S41=1

my init string   S7=45 S0=0 L0 V1 X4 Q0 +VCID=1

You may need to adjust your string so grab a copy of the AT commands
for your modem.

Hope this helps.
Vinton