[mythtv-users] Re:Adding a second satellite/cable box

Joe Buehl jbuehl0001 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 17 17:45:26 EST 2003

What I just said was wrong with regard to the
satellite box.  I just rechecked my Tivo setup and saw
that I did have to tell it specifically that I was
using serial and not IR, so probably the codes aren't
identical.

I am sure that I was able to just swap the IR pigtail
for the serial cable with the cable box, however I
can't verify that any more.  I did have a lot of
problems with the DCT-2000 missing digits in the
channel change both with serial and IR.  This was
infuriating to have scheduled a recording and end up
with a program on a different channel and was one of
the reasons I changed providers.