[mythtv-users] LIRC and Hauppauge question

Robert Kulagowski bob at smalltime.com
Mon Nov 17 17:12:37 EST 2003

>>http://tekgems.com/Products/WinampRemote.htm
> Are you using the remote from this link?  Or just the IR receivers?  I
> have no remotes for my MythTV setup yet because my TV capture cards have
> been ebay purchases that didn't include the remote(s).  I'm trying to
> figure out what the best way is to add a remote to my front/backend and
> also a dedicated frontend (when I acquire this hardware).  Can this
> remote/receiver combo be used to control MythTV?

I just got the two-for-$whatever special.  Products came quickly, had
USPS tracking numbers so that I knew when it left the post office in my
town for delivery.

The receiver works with the remote that comes with it and with a
Pinnacle remote I had lying around.  It is _not_ sensitive to
fluorescent lights like the crappy Pinnacle receiver was.  It probably
works with other remotes, I just didn't try it out after getting the
Pinnacle remote working.

The remote that comes with it doesn't really have the "right" buttons on
it.  This doesn't mean that there aren't enough, but it's definately not
geared to video, so you'd have to map something like "Aux 1" to mean
"Swap PiP", etc.