[mythtv-users] Zero byte recordings... sometimes.

James S. White james at jameswhite.org
Mon Nov 17 17:02:51 EST 2003

> I find that this happens to me when I boot from a 2.4.22x kernel I've got
> installed; compiling the ivtv driver against that kernel's v4l2 headers
> rather than the v4l headers of earlier kernels leads to periodic 0-byte
> recordings.

I didn't patch the 2.4.22 kernel for v4l. I used the header file from
the utils dir of the ivtv source. I understood that was more reliable.

> There is some discussion of this on the ivtv mailing list, and, according to
> that list, the problem might finally be solved in the latest version of the
> driver:
>
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/axboe/ivtv/

Are these snapshots more recent than using CVS checkout? I checked out the
cvs a few minutes ago and there was no changes to the code I currently have.
I'm still getting 0 byte files.

James S. White                      GAPS Incorporated
james at jameswhite.org                Electrical Engineer - Etc.
http://www.jameswhite.org           Caffeine is my anti-drug.