[mythtv-users] Re:Adding a second satellite/cable box

Rob Parkhill parkhill at canada.com
Mon Nov 17 10:44:34 EST 2003

You could definately just wire up the second satellite reciever directly
to your TV through a different input, or through a video switch. Then
you can leave myth to record anything it wants, you can watch live TV
through the second reciever. Then when you want to watch something that
was recorded, just switch over to the myth input on your TV and away you
go. You have to live with two different remotes, and two different UIs,
but that's not such a big deal.

I'd be more concerned with having one dish for the whole complex...
hopefully you can just use a splitter of some sort at your end, but you
may end up needing a second cable run right from the main splitter for
the whole complex. You'll need to call someone up and ask if you can use
two recievers in your residence.

later...
          Rob