[mythtv-users] packaging lirc or "nightmare on mythtv street" (was:chkconfig lirc failing any suggestions)

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Sun Nov 16 23:39:29 EST 2003

On Nov 15, 2003, at 03:23, greg wrote:

> I agree on the problem, I did a "bare-metal" install a couple of days
> ago
> with kernel and packages from Axels site and my lirc did not work.  I
> have a
> WinTV 401 with remote and had no irx commands.  I installed lirc and
> had no
> problems.  The way I look at it, I use irxevent to pass the buttons to
> myth.
> I think irxevent depends on lircd.  If mythtv supports native lirc, I
> would
> think it has to have some kind of IR deamon to catch and test the
> buttons.
> I would also like to see how to setup the onboard lirc.

I'm a dumb-ass and somehow removed the line "apt-get install lirc" from
the guide (still haven't figured out how that happened). Ergo, no irw,
irxevent, etc. Fixed in the latest guide rev. The guide isn't yet set
up for myth native lirc, but the next major release will be. This
stupid job thing keeps getting in the way of my free time... ;p

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...