[mythtv-users] Onboard Sk41g video

Andrew Hogue hogue at cs.yorku.ca
Sun Nov 16 15:09:53 EST 2003

Hi,

I'm using an sk41g for my mythbox.  I'm extremely happy with it right now,
it is very quiet.

The only issue is the noise of the hard drive and cd rom that I bought
for it.  Next time I would get a quieter HD since in the LiveTV recording
it makes a 'clicking' noise every few seconds when its buffering the tv I
think....  oh well.

I haven't used the on-board video since I wanted better 3D acceleration
for games etc... so I bought a cheap GeForceMX440 for like $70 CDN.

I'm using the onboard sound on it though.  I'm not quite perfectly happy
with the sound quality coming from it but its 'alright'.  I noticed a high
frequency noise when I play mp3s and movies with high treble.  But it
could simply be that my speakers don't like the signal they get from the
soundcard.  I used them previously on a standalone dvd player and didn't
hear the noise but I did with the shuttle.  I've sort of reduced it by
'muffling' them slightly with fabric which seemed to work for now.

All in all however, I'm extremely happy with the sk41g.

-- Andrew