[mythtv-users] AverTv Studio and myth

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Sat Nov 15 00:45:34 EST 2003

On Nov 14, 2003, at 14:06, jack williamson wrote:

> I am thinking about building a myth box.  Right now I am running win2k
> and I have a AverTV Studio card.  It works ok but it crashes about
> once a day.
>
> The only thing I use the computer for is as a tv, to show dvd's and
> play console games.
>
> I looked around on the mailing list archieve and I haven't found
> anything about the AverTv Studio cards.  Can I build a myth box around
> this card?

I've posted to the list numerous times about that very card. It's a
pile of crap. I have one. I use it as a secondary tuner, and it does
work, but the image quality isn't the greatest (but then my primary is
a PVR-250). It seems from what I've read that the primary problem
w/AVerMedia's cards is crap tuners, so they need very clean signals.
We'll see how my AVerMedia M179s work when they get here...

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...