[mythtv-users] channel changing delay (again)

Chris Delis chris at delis.net
Fri Nov 14 19:21:15 EST 2003

Please ignore my last email where I was babbling about busy-waits, etc.
in mythfrontend (tv_rec.cpp).  The only delay that would cause is
in the responsiveness of the GUI (length of time between sending the
"channel up" event and the GUI responding to it).   This does add to the
overall delay in channel changing, but it is probably not that important.
I'm guessing most users don't _really_ notice the hangtime until _after_
they see the OSD pop up.

I will quit now! (while I'm still behind ;-)

Cheers,
Chris