[mythtv-users] Re: Broadening Record Duplicates?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Nov 14 12:32:49 EST 2003

> Wow, got a lot of responses on this one :)

That's probably because it irks a lot of people and we've been discussing
it some recently.

> I really like this idea:
>
> > Drop current recorddups functionality/column.
> >
> > Add a 'Duplicate check method' spinbox which could contain:
> >
> > - None
> > - subtitle
> > - description
> > - subtitle & description
> > - episode number (in the future, mentioned in another post)
> >
> > Add a 'Check for duplicates in' spinbox which would be:
> >
> > - Existing recordings only
> > - All Previous recordings

I added this to my TODO list in case nobody beats me to it.  In the meantime
I'll try to think of a "simple" way to code it.

> However, for pure simplicity I'll probably use the sql method mentioned
> (Inuyasha also happens to be on my list).  Perhaps if I get some free time

I'm already doing this for 3-4 shows.  I have a nightly cron job that
updates the empty subtitles for a few shows that give descriptions but no
subtitles, and updates a few shows with empty descriptions that do have
subtitles.  So I'd benefit immediately if someone (or I) coded this up.

Patches welcome if anybody gets to it before I do...
--

Chris