[mythtv-users] btaudio driver performace -- (overclocked/ damaged tuner !)

Dhiraj Gaurh dhiraj at vishnubhugwaan.org
Fri Nov 14 05:14:30 EST 2003

Hi folks,
Has anybody used the btaudio driver. Does it give any performace boost
since it is already in digital and not analog like the sound card
line-in. I was capturing at 640x480 and had 95% CPU usage with T-Bird
950 MHz. I overclocked my FSB to 107(from 100), resulting in CMOS/BIOS
corruption and some problem with the tv tuner card. As soon as the cable
is plugged in, all the windows in the monitor begin to shake !!!
Hopefully,  I will be able to set everything right ! Anyway, I am happy
that I was able to rewind TV for one day ! I now know that capturing at
640 x 480 is stupid as the TV in no way contains that much data, 480 x
480 is more than enough for NTSC and 480 x 576 for PAL.
thanks
Dhiraj