[mythtv-users] Multiple locations?

Matt Elton matt at 1ca.com
Thu Nov 13 22:24:55 EST 2003

Hi,

I am wondering if two Mythtv setups at different locations can be made to
talk to each other and if there is a way to copy shows between them.

Essentially, I have two homes in different cities, both with different
cable TV subscriptions.  What I would like to do is to install Mythtv at
each home, and somehow integrate these.

So, say I am at location A and there is a show on at location B that I
would like to watch.  I assume using the web interface to location B's
setup I could program this to record the show.  What I would like is once
this has finished recording for it to be transferred by ftp or whatever to
location A where it is imported into MythTVs local database.

I do not want to watch the shows from location B live, just record them
and transfer them to location A.   Both homes have high speed internet
connections.  Some way to easily integrate this so the family could do it
preferably via remote control would be really good.

Has anyone done this, and if so how successfully.  Any suggestions on what
the best way to go about this would be most helpful.

Thanks,

Matt