[mythtv-users] Sound problems

Jonathon.Schmidt at sasktel.sk.ca Jonathon.Schmidt at sasktel.sk.ca
Thu Nov 13 16:45:08 EST 2003

Did you make sure that you have your capture lines set right?

You should increase the main volume (the first slider) and the PCM volume,
and unmute them by hitting "m". For MythTV, if your tuner card audio output
is patched to the Line-In input of your sound card, set the Line input for
capture by pressing SPACE at the slider and mute it by pressing "M". If
you've patched your tuner card to the Mic-In port of your sound card,
follow the same instructions but make sure that you're on the Mic slider.

Is your Physical connection ok?

Jon

                      Tim Bates
                      <bladerunner at cox.net        To:       mythtv-users at mythtv.org
                      >                           cc:
                      Sent by:                    Subject:  [mythtv-users] Sound problems
                      mythtv-users-bounces
                      @mythtv.org

                      11/13/2003 03:21 PM
                      Please respond to
                      Discussion about
                      mythtv

I am haveing trouble with the sound output. It does not seem to work
while watching TV. I am getting no sound
not even a crackle. I have checked  alsamixer and it is all set to
acceptable levels
However when I listen to a cd or add a cd to the harddrive sound works
fine.

I had to chang the symbolic link of /dev/dsp from /dev/dsp0 to
/dev/audio to get any kind of sound out of the box
/dev/audio is not an option in the setup

I am using the onboard sound card of the shuttle motherboard
I believe it is a via chipset.

Would I be better off with a Soundblaster pci card?

I guess half the fun of mythtv is working the bugs out
when I get it it perfect I will have nothing to do..