[mythtv-users] Grrrr, I can't figure out if I hate alsa or Creative!!!

Carlos J. Talbot carlos at talbot.net
Fri Nov 14 03:10:07 EST 2003

William H. Gilmore wrote:

> If you got this far and are entertained, then please do one of the
> following:
>
>    1. Post your story of Linux/MythTV pain!
>    2. Offer an opinion about the best OS is for MythTV. As you can
>       tell from above, I am currently using RedHat and am facing the
>       dilemma of where to go. Is Fedora the right answer or should I
>       consider …
>
> Have a great day!!!
>
> William

Have you tried out the commercial OSS drivers? (
http://www.opensound.com ) They support all the cards you've mentioned.
You'd be surprised how easy to configure the driver is compared to ALSA
not to mention stability. When I first started out with MythTV the alsa
drivers for the MAudio audiophile 24/96 (my current card) were rather
limited. Price is fairly reasonable - 15 bucks for personal use.

Carlos