[mythtv-users] a7n8x -- lockup after 30 minutes recording]

manu eallaud at yahoo.fr
Thu Nov 13 05:33:35 EST 2003

Le 13.11.2003 15:28:45, H Brett Bolen a écrit :
> using nforce2 asus a7n8x deluxe mobo with amd2800 ( not
> overclocked), and hauppauge 401 card ( btaudio). mobo has
> onboard sound. ati  radeon video ( origional aiw, but not
> using it for vid cap or audio capture ( in or out )).
>
> I have moved the bttv card to different pci slots, and used
> `lspci -vv` to try to make sure it's irq is not shared.
>
> Lockup is computer freeze -- no keyboard, no pings, etc. A reboot
> is necessary to get it running again.
>
> using mythtv v0.12.
>
> I have not had any more lockups with this computer.  appears
> to happen at after about 30 minutes of recording.  does something
> happen at 30 minute intervals ?
>
> xawtv runs forever ( although without sound).

I have an Aopen (also Nforce2 Ultra) with the Hauppage 401. Audio is
working great (with btaudio and alsa drivers, though in oss mode).
I have the same problem (freezes around half an hour of recording). But
I found a "work-around" to be able to record several hours shows : I
setup the recording from mythfrontend using "m" WITH the live preview
on, and I let it that way (basically I observed that I won't get
freezes or at least much less often) if the video I am recording is
also played at the same time! Did you say "weird" !?! ;-)
So I agree that MythTV is certainly unable to have a bug susceptible to
lock up the box, but it certainly triggers a bug of the drivers or the
kernel here, and this seems to affect nforce based mobo.
Bye
Manu