[mythtv-users] RE: Leadtek Winfast TV2000XP Deluxe NTSC weirdness

rgoodkin at zaius1.homeunix.org rgoodkin at zaius1.homeunix.org
Thu Nov 13 13:23:30 EST 2003

This one is easy.. well if you use a distro that compiles from source (I
use gentoo).  Edit the file
/usr/src/linux/drivers/media/video/bttv-cards.c and search for "winfast"
Look for the following..

  .name           = "Leadtek WinFast 2000/ WinFast 2000 XP",
        .video_inputs   = 4,
        .audio_inputs   = 1,
        .tuner          = 0,
        .svhs           = 2,
        .gpiomask       = 0xc33000,
        .muxsel         = { 2, 3, 1, 1, 0}, // TV, CVid, SVid, CVid over
SVid c$
        .audiomux       = { 0x422000,0x1000,0x0000,0x620000,0x800000},
        /* Audio Routing for "WinFast 2000 XP" (no tv stereo !)
                gpio23 -- hef4052:nEnable (0x800000)
                gpio12 -- hef4052:A1
                gpio13 -- hef4052:A0
            0x0000: external audio
            0x1000: FM
            0x2000: TV
            0x3000: n.c.
          Note: There exists another variant "Winfast 2000" with tv
stereo !?
          Note: eeprom only contains FF and pci subsystem id 107d:6606
         */
   .needs_tvaudio  = 0,
        .pll            = PLL_28,
        .has_radio      = 1,
        .tuner_type     = 5, // default for now, gpio reads BFFF06 for
Pal bg+dk
        .audio_hook     = winfast2000_audio,

Change the file that stays .tuner_type = 5, // to .tuner_type= 2, //

That should fix it.. and solve the remote issues as well (its a known
bug for some reason).