[mythtv-users] Re: PVR350

ray cielencki mythtv at rayslinky.com
Thu Nov 13 11:09:22 EST 2003

>Ray,
>
>I commented out that alias line you suggested but I still get the same
>result. Here is a bit of my lsmod. lirc_i2c says unused. You also have a
>i2c_proc on the i2c-core line and I do not.
>
>i2c-algo-bit            8872   1  [ivtv]
>lirc_i2c                4480   0  (autoclean) (unused)
>i2c-core               19172   0  (autoclean) [ivtv saa7127 saa7115
>msp3400 tuner i2c-algo-bit lirc_i2c]
>lirc_dev                9312   1  (autoclean) [lirc_i2c]
>
>What do you think?
>
>Thanks,
>James

i'll copy my response from the lirc list:

i believe my i2c_proc and i2c-core are used by lmsensors. i would get
that result from lsmod if i stopped lircd. so it sounds like its not
its not running. the last thing i would suggest before thinking that
something went wrong during your compile (or did you use someones
package?) is:

# /etc/init.d/lircd stop
# rmmod lirc_i2c
# rmmod lirc_dev
# lsmod | grep lirc
(verify that there is no mention of lirc)
# modprobe lirc_i2c
# /etc/init.d/lircd start
# lsmod | grep lirc
# ps ax | grep lirc
# irw

if this fails, i would suspect that you installed an rpm over a
this grief. if this is possibly the case, remove the package with rpm
-e (or apt-get remove), then:

# updatedb
# locate lirc

i'd bet that you'll find pieces that should be deleted, before
attempting to use a package or installing on your own.

/rayc