[mythtv-users] Aver DVB-T or Nova DVB-T?

John Knottenbelt jak97 at doc.ic.ac.uk
Thu Nov 13 05:09:55 EST 2003

On Thursday 13 November 2003 9:43 am, Itai Tavor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know this is a bit OT, but people here seem to know a lot about DVB
> in Linux and MythTV, so I hope nobody minds :)

> I'm trying to choose between the Aver DVB-T and the Nova DVB-T for a
> MythTV system. I like the Aver as it's cheaper and smaller than the
> Nova, but I don't know much about quality differences or potential
> driver problems. Also, I found a note saying that the Nova supports
> Teletext, but couldn't find anything about the Aver.

They probably both support Teletext. What the Nova-T statement probably refers
to is the accompanying windows software. I think that the Aver card is newer,
although I believe it is supported. As far as DVB with mythtv goes, I have
had partial success there (reed mythtv-dev for DVB related info). I did
manage to get it to work at one stage with my Nova-T.