[mythtv-users] no sound from bt878 in myth

sushieater at grooveplanet.net sushieater at grooveplanet.net
Thu Nov 13 01:05:26 EST 2003

Hi, sorry if this has allready been covered but I couldn't find anything.

When I run xawtv I get sound coming out of the headphones plug on my Pinnacle
pctv card, but when I run mythtv, no sound comes out of the card. I've read
the cards btaudio drivers don't work and in fact I get the following messages

Nov 11 19:35:32 [kernel] msp34xx: I/O error #1 (read 0x10/0x200)
Nov 11 19:35:47 [kernel] i2c-algo-bit.o: bt848 #0 sendbytes: error - bailout.

Can anyone tell me why the there's no sound from my card when myth plays?
Don't I have to use this if btaudio isn't working?

My distro is Gentoo and my kernel src is 2.4.20-gentoo-r7

00:10.0 Multimedia video controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Video Capture
(rev 11)
00:10.1 Multimedia controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Audio Capture (rev
11)

thanks,
rob.