[mythtv-users] Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-250 no video

Joe Buehl jbuehl0001 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 12 20:25:05 EST 2003

That's good to know.  I didn't like xawtv anyway:)

# mplayer /dev/video0

plays live video just fine, so that tells me there
isn't anything wrong with either the capture driver or
the video driver, which leaves MythTV configuration as
the likely problem area.

Maybe I'll try reconfiguring MythTV from the top with
mythtvsetup.  That leads me to another question:  Is
there a way to run mythfilldatabase without having to
reload all the guide data?  I tried using -nodelete
the last time I ran it but it loaded a week of data
anyway.  When I'm testing the configuration settings I
really don't care about the guide yet.  It looks like
the configuration settings show up in the data base
immediately after changing them, so maybe
mythfilldatabase isn't necessary.