[mythtv-users] random green screen

Michael J. Sherman msherman at dsbox.com
Wed Nov 12 14:30:33 EST 2003

Hi all,

Randomly, a scheduled recording will grab junk video (green screen with
some static) instead of the actual video feed.  The audio is fine.  This
has been happening randomly for many months, and I'm always up to date
with CVS.  It's almost like it randomly decides to pull video off of the
Coax input on my TV Wonder input card (I have it set up to use the
Composite for input from my receiver box).  I would say 1 in 8
recordings comes out like this.

Here is a screenshot of the offending video:
http://stealthboy.dyndns.org/~msherman/images/green_static.png

Has anyone experienced this?

My capturecard table had only one entry for /dev/video0 with the default
input as Composite1, and my cardinput table had only one entry
referencing that capturecard entry with the inputname as "Composite1".
I removed all references to the Television (coax) input just to try to
solve the problem, but to no avail.

Thanks,
Mike