[mythtv-users] RE: New CLE266 Drivers

Adam Wood AdamWood at Xephi.co.uk
Wed Nov 12 13:43:25 EST 2003

> 1. What good did the HW Decoding do? It doesn't seem to
> have taken any load off of the CPU.

Not sure.

> 2.  My system seems to have enough CPU power to do
> everything that I want without HW MPEG Decoding. So I am
> happy running without it, and with all of the problems
> that I have seen with it, Why would anyone want to run it?

You probably have a M10000, where as some of us have the M6000 (or
possibly less?) and without HW decoding dvd playback is not really
possible. Besides if you can off load any processing away from the CPU I
can't see how this can be a bad thing, all those extra free cycles to
transcode files in the background for example.