[mythtv-users] RE: New CLE266 Drivers

bpierce815 at charter.net bpierce815 at charter.net
Wed Nov 12 09:41:33 EST 2003

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 20:24:32 +0100
  Torsten Schenkel <torsten.schenkel at web.de> wrote:
>Hmm, that was in the old drivers as well. The problem
>with the old
>drivers were the frequent prebuffering pauses. Any
>improvement with
>that?
>
>Torsten
>--

You're right, I missed that in the first one.  However,
there are some major improvements - I am able to use
xine(not VeXP) and get HW MPEG Decoding using -Vxv.  I am
not a coder nor do I pretend to know how all of this stuff
works, but it looks like to me that VIA has been able to
implement The Hardware Decoding via the Xvideo extensions.
 Can anyone else verify this?

BTW: VeXP and MythTV compiled with CLE266 support don't
work.  But it doesn't look like you need them anymore.