[mythtv-users] MythTV and Superkaramba Crashes

Muddy muddy at muddysmind.com
Tue Nov 11 18:59:13 EST 2003

Hi all,

I doubt anyone has run into this but it's worth a shot.
I run Mythtv on my main workstation as it's where my tv card is.
I also run superkaramba which works great however when I run one of the
weather modules (liquid-weather+, bluechicken etc..) it will ,after a
few hours or so crash mythbackend and superkaramba. Now I can run
everything else in the world on superkaramba and it is fine. I'm at a
loss to figure out the connection the superkaramba weather themes
(modules) have to mythbackend.
Superkaramba itself does not crash until the weather theme does, it all
runs off of Python and to my knowledge mythbackend does not.

I've stopped using the weather themes until I can get this figured out.

If anyone has seen this or heard about a way to fix it, I'm all ears.

The only thing I can think of is maybe mythweather is trying to pull
data at the same time the superkaramba weather theme is and it's causing
both to crash. I was assuming it did not pull until you requested the
data, any ideas?

Regards,
Jeff "Muddy" Waters

System Info :
OS. Mandrake 9.1 (custom Kernel based off 2.4.18mdk)
MythTV v.12 (compiled from tarball)
MythWeather, video, music, photo also installed from tarball
Superkaramba v.33 (compiled from tarball)
AMD 900mhz O/c to 1G
768Mb Pc133 Ram
40Gig IBM 7200rpm HD
ATI Tv Wonder (bt878)