[mythtv-users] problem with PVR250 and ivtv module

Sean shomann2 at insightbb.com
Tue Nov 11 17:46:16 EST 2003

Not sure why, but this happened to me as well (I thought it was because I
had 2 of the same card). My solution was to add the following lines to the
rc.local file:

 /sbin/rmmod ivtv
 /sbin/modprobe ivtv

 /sbin/service mythbackend start

This will start the backend before loading KDE, but after the IVTV module.
(I disabled mythbackend from auto starting via the Services control panel in
KDE as I had already set it up to start at boot). I haven't had the same
issue since.

-Sean