[mythtv-users] Re:LIRC and Hauppauge question

Harry Orenstein ho_9 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 11 12:40:44 EST 2003

>From: "Boyd II, Willy" <wboyd at fulbright.com>
>To: "'Discussion about mythtv'" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>Subject: RE: [mythtv-users] Re:LIRC and Hauppauge question

Looked on RS site and cannot find a remote at that price with arrow keys and
volume/channel keys.  Best I found was the "Flag" remote (15-2126  $4.99!!)
and the 5 function remote (15-2115  $14.99).  Cannot tell if either is JP1
compatible.  The "Flag" remote has the same Philips (RC-5) VCR code as a
All-for-One remote that someone mentioned they got working, so I might give
it a try.  Only problems I can see: hideous colors (hey, I'm as American as
the
guy, but COME ON!) and 4 AAA batteries (see above re: I'm cheap!).

Hope this info helps others!

-- Harry O.