[mythtv-users] DCT2000 serial pinout / Shaw Vancouver

Harondel J. Sibble help at pdscc.com
Mon Nov 10 18:42:31 EST 2003

On 7 Nov 2003 at 14:30, Lonny Selinger wrote:

> I dont know everyone's situation but I'm thinking its as you mentioned and
> mainly, if not only, dependant on firmware. When talking to my cable company,
> when they went through all their software and docs (including info needed to
> upgrade firmware/set parameters etc and I wasn't talking to just anyone, they
> actually looked into it for me in detail) they could find NO reference to
> specifically enabling or dissabling that port ... like nothing.

YES!!! SUCCESS!!!!

I was on a mission to get this serial port thing resolved one way or another.
Anyhow after much time on the phone, being told by Shaw it was not possible,
I spent a long time on hold with the Motorola cable support division.

Enabling the serial port is dirt simple, all the cableco has to do is issue
the "app_is enable" command through their billing software.

For the folks in Vancouver, if you want this enabled, your best is to talk to
Ron representative # 0326 as most support staff won't know what this is all
about.

He enabled it for me and it didn't work, he then remotely re-initialized the
box, it powers off completely - no lights and then I turned the power back on
 (after about 3 minutes) and Jim's channel changer script now works.

Can someone who is a member of the TIVO forums post this as part of this
thread?

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?s=3e079ecd5a8fe6e30cb98bf234e40b48&threadid=137231&perpage=20&highlight=dct2000&pagenumber=2

or this one

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?s=a689e54299bf3143f465b6f90996cf6a&threadid=62212&perpage=20&pagenumber=11