[mythtv-users] Myth startup & BlackBox

Albert Santoni gamegod at sympatico.ca
Mon Nov 10 16:54:40 EST 2003

>I've copied it to ~root as well, thinking that maybe root logs in first,
>then switches to the myth user.  If I logout and log back in, it seems
>to read this file.  But for some reason it is ignored on the initial
>load when the system boots up.
>
>How does everyone else do it when you use Black Box?

I have the exact same setup, with the exact same problem... I'm using
Mandrake 9.1...
I don't have a .xsession or .xinitrc though...
First, I have:
DESKTOP=BlackBox
in my ~/.desktop

Then I have added :
irxevent&
xset -dpms s off&
/usr/local/bin/mythfrontend&
to my /etc/X11/Xsession....

It'll autologin itself and fire everything up if I logout, but not if I
just reboot...