[mythtv-users] LIRC and Hauppauge question

Lance Tost ltost at pobox.com
Mon Nov 10 16:45:35 EST 2003

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, Christopher Maahs wrote:
> I personally went with a cheap serial IR receiver (that came with really
> cheap remotes) and then purchased DirectTiVo remotes.  Since the TiVo
> remotes is for PVR functionality it works great.  It is also programmable

Where do you find these "cheap serial IR receivers"?  I've searched a bit
on ebay but can't seem to find what I think I'm looking for.

On a related note, I'm a little unclear on how the remote would work with
multiple frontends.  For example, if I had a frontend and a combined
frontend/backend, could I use a remote on each?  Would the remote on the
dedicated frontend need to physically connect back at the backend or would
it connect ot the frontend?  Also, if I had two tuner cards, could each
frontend tune into its own station then?

Thanks

--
Lance Tost <ltost at pobox.com>