[mythtv-users] PVR250 to SVCD?

Todd Chapman mythtv at chaka.net
Mon Nov 10 12:28:27 EST 2003

This is not really a MythTV questions but I have spent
countless hours searching the web and experimenting.
Perhaps the IVTV-dev mailing list would be a better
place but the community here seems so much more helpful.

Anyway, I am using Jarod's guide to build my MythTV system,
but I have stopped just short of configuring MythTV so
that I can capture so video from sources I won't be using
in the long run.

So my question is, how can I use record-v4l2.pl to capture
mpegs that are ready for vcdimage. I have a dual celeron
433 so doing any transcoding would take forever.

This set of commands result in a 1 minute SVCD with
choppy sound:

[root at localhost]# /usr/lib/ivtv/record-v4l2.pl --inputname 'Composite 4' --output testsvcd.mpg --bitrate 2500000 --peakbitrate 2500001 --duration 60 --directory-format '' --width 480 --height 480 --standard NTSC --streamtype 12
[root at localhost root]# vcdimager -t svcd testsvcd.mpg
[root at localhost root]# cdrdao write --device 0,0,0 --driver generic-mmc videocd.cue

Can anyone suggest a better method?

Thanks!

-Todd