[mythtv-users] any debian+wintv pvr 350 users out there?

jose rubio debian at nc.rr.com
Mon Nov 10 08:05:09 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 04:13, Chris Delis wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, Andreas Bohnert wrote:
>
> > hi,
> >
> > after wrestling a lot with my old configuration I'm finally owner of a
> > pvr 350.
> > now I want to do it right - from the beginning.
> >
> > I use woody with an 2.4.18 kernel and the "nv" video driver .
> > my plan is:
> > get the newest cvs tarball from ivtv and compile it
> > follow the mythtv instructions concerning pvr250/350 and mandrake.
>
> For starters, you will need to upgrade to at least 2.4.20 kernel.  Read
> the ivtv FAQ for more information.
>

> ----
I'm running woody...  Well, I guess it started as woody but then I just
kept upgrading stuff by hand...  If I had to do it over again (and I
might when I get some free time) I would go with testing/unstable debian
just because that seems to be what all the people developing myth/ivtv
are using.

I am running 2.4.22, I do have the nvidia driver but I don't think
that'll make a big diff. and I have a 250 and a 350.  When you compile
your kernel -- and you should compile your own kernel, it builds
character ;-) -- you'll need video for linux (I don't patch for v4l2).
You'll also need framebuffer support (as a module I think)  I have the
module fbcon-cfb32 the option for it is under character devices I think.

I would recommend that you _not_ go to latest CVS at the begining
because it is very unstable (as of yesterday anyway)  The one I have had
luck with is the 10/31 edition of the ivtv driver and the 10/28 cvs from
myth (although I've heard that the 0.12 version will work well too)
Anyway, I have to run but post here if you have questions.  I try and
read this list at least once a day and I'll be happy to help.

-jose-