[mythtv-users] how to use nuvexport to transcode a PVR250 episode to an MPEG4 simple format file for archos jukebox

Jeff Campbell tuner at hfx.eastlink.ca
Sun Nov 9 10:03:13 EST 2003

>> confirm if nuvexport transcodes to simple or advanced profile
>> MPEG4?
>>

> Can't help you there.  I didn't write the divx/mpeg4 portions of
> nuvexport - hopefully Dennis or someone else in the know will log
> in before you head out of town.
>
> -Chris

After some further research, here is some more detail on what the output file format needs to be like to work in the handheld I have:

What Makes an AVI JBMM Compatible?
This isn't as simple as we would like, but it isn't terrible. Below is the list of everything that has to be right for the JBMM to play the video:

Audio must be: MP3 audio at 160kbps CBR or less.
Video must be:
Mpeg4 "simple profile"
352x288 ("cif") or lower resolution
Width and Height, each, must be multiples of 4

-Jeff