[mythtv-users] SQL Error: Unknown column 'record.maxepisodes' in 'field list'

cmisip cmisip at insightbb.com
Sat Nov 8 01:29:52 EST 2003

Ok, I figured out that I am missing a column in record. Somehow, I must
have forgotten to update the database in myth.10 to .11 transition, can
anybody guide me in what I need to do to fix this?  So far I have done a
:

mysql>ALTER TABLE record ADD maxepisodes INT DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL;

 that seemed to fix the problem with mythweb.  Looking at the
0.10-to-0.11.sql

When I run the following:

mysql> select * from settings where value="MaxTranscoders";

I get:
+----------------+------+-----------+
| value          | data | hostname  |
+----------------+------+-----------+
| MaxTranscoders | 0    | mykitchen |
| MaxTranscoders | 0    | mymythtv  |
+----------------+------+-----------+
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Does that mean I have to runthese commands:

DELETE FROM settings WHERE value="MaxTranscoders";
UPDATE transcoding SET status = 1, starttime = starttime;

MY GUESS: YES

Running this:

mysql> select recorddups from record;

I get:
+------------+
| recorddups |
+------------+
|          0 |
|          0 |
|          0 |
|          0 |
|          0 |
+------------+
109 rows in set (0.00 sec)

And running

mysql> select maxnewest from record;
+-----------+
| maxnewest |
+-----------+
|         0 |
|         0 |
|         0 |
|         0 |
|         0 |
|         0 |
+-----------+
109 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Does that mean I need to runthese commands:

ALTER TABLE record ADD recorddups INT DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE record ADD maxnewest INT DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL;

MY GUESS: NO

The answer here would probably apply to

ALTER TABLE record ADD autoexpire INT DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE recorded ADD autoexpire INT DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL;

since I get a table with zeros like for recordups and maxnewest.

MY GUESS: NO

mysql> select * from settings where value="TranscoderUseCutlist";
+----------------------+------+----------+
| value                | data | hostname |
+----------------------+------+----------+
| TranscoderUseCutlist | 1    | NULL     |
+----------------------+------+----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)
--

mysql> select * from settings where value="TranscoderAutoRun";
Empty set (0.00 sec)

Do I need to run:

INSERT INTO settings SET value="TranscoderAutoRun", data=0;
DELETE FROM settings WHERE value="TranscoderUseCutlist";

MY GUESS = YES

Thanks for any info.  I just dont want to break anything in the
database.  I am not sure if some of the things that .11sql added have
been removed by .12.