[mythtv-users] small form factor PCs?

Chris Wieringa cwieri39 at calvin.edu
Fri Nov 7 10:42:22 EST 2003

I'm looking at possibly building a new Myth box, but want something that will fit into an entertainment center and look nice.  So I'm looking at different possibilities with small form factors.

I've originally been looking at getting a Mini-ITX Nehemiah M10000 and buying a Cubid 2699R case.  However, after pricing this out I'd be spending around $500 for a 1Ghz machine.  I'd rather be able to build a computer using regular AMD or Intel processors, as I'd like a little more horsepower than 1Ghz.

So I'm looking for a few things:
  1.  Slim-cases that look nice in an entertainment center.  I really am not handy enough to make my own case, so I definately will want to buy a case.  A horizontal case (instead of vertical) would be ideal.
  2.  A motherboard that will accept an Athlon XP or Pentium4 processor with integrated graphics / sound / network, and fits into the case.
  3.  Ability to have one PCI slot for a PVR-250.
  4.  As small as possible, while staying as quiet as possible.

Are there really any good contenders besides the Mini-ITX stuff?

*
Chris Wieringa
cwieri39 at calvin.edu