[mythtv-users] Schedule recordings with STB

Jonathon.Schmidt at sasktel.sk.ca Jonathon.Schmidt at sasktel.sk.ca
Thu Nov 6 15:16:29 EST 2003

Are there any retail transmitters available, or is it only home brew?
(Im not on a budget.)

Jon

                      "Ben Stragnell"
                      <mythlist at codepuppie        To:       "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
                      s.com>                      cc:
                      Sent by:                    Subject:  Re: [mythtv-users] Schedule recordings with STB
                      mythtv-users-bounces
                      @mythtv.org

                      11/06/2003 02:00 PM
                      Please respond to
                      Discussion about
                      mythtv

>  Does  this  mean  that  I  can  use  Lirc  to  send  a  signal  via  an
IR
>  "transmitter" of some sort to change channels on my set top box so that
if
>  I want to record channel 4 at 5pm, it will automatically change
channels?

Yes!

http://www.lirc.org/transmitters.html

Remember to configure LIRC with --with-transmitter.