[mythtv-users] lirc problem after crash

MythTV at C4L davidc-mythtv at connect4less.com
Thu Nov 6 12:57:52 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 08:48, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
>>SNIP

> > No, I'm not loading anything ivtv/myth related when I first boot.
>
> I didn't ask about ivtv or Myth; I asked if you were starting lircd.
> You won't get any reponse from /dev/lirc if lircd isn't running.

Sorry, I wasn't very clear here.  I'm not loading anything to do w/lirc,
either modules nor lircd on startup.

> > I have played around a little bit more, and now I can get "irw" to
> > repond to the remote, but when I start "mythfrontend" I still get the
> > same error messages:
> >
> > mythtv: could not connect to socket
> > mythtv: No such file or directory
> > Failed to create lirc socket for mythtv
>
> Hmmm, are you running some other program that's using lirc?  irevent or
> irxevent, perhaps?  You're not supposed to run those if you're using
> Myth's native LIRC support.  I don't know if LIRC supports multiple
> processes simultaneously.  I don't use the native LIRC support, so I'm
> really not familiar with all of the specific issues.

I'm also not loading any other lirc programs, eg. irxevent.  I thought
it would be good to run native LIRC in Myth, but maybe not.

I was hoping someone would know how to get more debugging information
from mythfrontend on startup, so I could pin down what socket could not
be created and what "file or directory" doesn't exist and why it failed
to create the socket needed.  The message output isn't leading me
anywhere.

Thanks,

Dave