[mythtv-users] Re: OSD gone with CVS??

Kirby Vandivort kvandivo at ks.uiuc.edu
Thu Nov 6 10:33:42 EST 2003

> > >I'm using the latest visor for 0.12 but I tried the blue and default,
> > >which I
> > >think is blue, osd and none showed any osd at all.  I also switched to the
> > >blue theme completely just on the off chance that did it and had the same
> > >problem.
> >
> > Make sure you're changing the 'OSDTheme' setting, which is separate from
> > the 'Theme' selection.  They're in 2 different parts of Setup.  I'm not
> > at my box right now, but IIRC the 'Theme' setting is in
> > Setup->Appearance, and the 'OSDTheme' is in 'Setup->TV Settings->General
> > (or Playback)'
> >
> > -JAC
> >

> Right, I did that.  I changed the overall theme and the osd theme just to
> completely rule out Visor.  I tend to think it isn't the theme because space
> doesn't create a bookmark either.  Is the "Position Saved" text that pops up
> themable?  I did a clean checkout of CVS from last night, blew away
> /usr/local/share/mythtv and completely reinstalled.  Still the same problem.
> I'm at a loss.  And to top it off, I can't revert due to the changes in the
> database :/  I could live without the OSD but I'm a slave to the bookmarks :)

I'm not at my box(es) right now, but I must say, when I read this thread
yesterday I thought to myself, that sounds like a strange problem.  Then I
updated my boxes to latest cvs (prior updates couldn't be more than 3 or
4 days prior).  All my machines are running latest gentoo.  My desktop
(hereafter known as IndyHome) showed the OSDs fine.  But my xbox does not.
Relevant lines from mysql show on primary line that looks to be the
culprit..  ThemeQt is set to 1 on IndyHome and it is not set on xbox1.  I'm
suspicious of that.  I'm not at home to test, however.

| OSDTheme                  | blueosd    | IndyHome |
| Theme                     | blue       | IndyHome |
| RandomTheme               | 0          | IndyHome |
| ThemeQt                   | 1          | IndyHome |
| OSDThemeFontSizeType      | default    | IndyHome |
| ThemeFontSizeType         | default    | IndyHome |
| OSDTheme                  | blueosd    | xbox1    |
| Theme                     | blue       | xbox1    |
| RandomTheme               | 0          | xbox1    |
| ThemeFontSizeType         | default    | xbox1    |
| OSDThemeFontSizeType      | default    | xbox1    |

(Interestingly, ThemeQt doesn't appear anywhere in the cvs tree...  Hmm..
maybe that's not the problem after all..  That row might be a holdover
from sometime in the past.. *shrug*)

--

Kirby Vandivort                      Theoretical and
Senior Research Programmer            Computational Biophysics