[mythtv-users] Mandrake 9.2 (and bootsplash?)

Albert Santoni gamegod at sympatico.ca
Tue Nov 4 19:41:20 EST 2003

I just bought Mandrake 9.2 on DVD, and I'd like to know if anyone has
successfully upgraded from 9.1 to 9.2. I noticed a couple people are
already using 9.2, but I'm interested about any problems they had if
they upgraded from 9.1. I plan to do so with my Myth box, and I've never
upgraded a Linux distro before.

I'm particularly excited because there's bootsplash support built into
the kernel (or so I've been told), so 9.2 users should be able to use
the bootsplash screen that Oscar Carlsson created
(http://www.sclug.org/mythtv/)... How cool would that be?

Thanks,

Albert Santoni