[mythtv-users] Continuous Sound

Jonathon.Schmidt at sasktel.sk.ca Jonathon.Schmidt at sasktel.sk.ca
Tue Nov 4 16:44:58 EST 2003

Thanks Willy,
      Here is what I did.  In the alsamixer, i dont use amixer because it
is a blunder and sucks.
I was using the mic line as capture, so I make sure it has capture above it
by pressing the space bar, then a little farther down is a mixer for
Capture. I press space to put capture above it. Make sure capture has some
volume level.  Then mute the MIC line pressing "m".  This worked.
Thanks
Jon

                      "Boyd II, Willy"
                      <wboyd at fulbright.com        To:       "'Discussion about mythtv'" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
                      >                           cc:
                      Sent by:                    Subject:  RE: [mythtv-users] Continuous Sound
                      mythtv-users-bounces
                      @mythtv.org

                      11/04/2003 02:02 PM
                      Please respond to
                      Discussion about
                      mythtv

I noticed tricky behavior when I first tried ALSA... the gui mixer I used
(was it the Gnome one?  I forget) would totally mute Line In when I dropped
down the volume.  *Actually*, what you want to do, is set the Line-In to
"capture", or "record", but just mute it's output.  Try using the
command-line alsamixer to do this, it will give you better control over the
mixer settings.

- Willy