[mythtv-users] PVR250 No video and no lirc remote

Christopher Maahs cmaahs at eatenbygrue.com
Mon Nov 3 11:19:46 EST 2003

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003, Jim Valavanis wrote:

{bunches of stuff clipped for brevity}
> Jim Valavanis wrote:
>
> > Here are my settings...
> > Capture card:
> >    /dev/video0
> >    /dev/vbi
> >    /dev/dsp
> >    Audio Sampling: none
> >    Default Input: Tuner0  (Is this right?)
> >    Card Type: Standard V4L or MJPEG capture Card  ( I tried other
> > types as well but no luck)

I experienced the same problem installing my PVR350 cards.  cat'ing
/dev/video0 would produce a valid mpeg file, and I could play it with
mplayer.  When I'd try liveTV in Myth I'd get a black screen.

Mine ended up being the Default Input (I set to Composite?, instead of
Tuner0).  I think you have to also associate in ./setup screen #4,
associate Tuner0 there as well.

I'm not sure about the Card Type because my first attempt at the PVR350
card was with CVS as of a few days ago.

One thing that you can do, is do a successful test of cat /dev/video0,
then run Myth LiveTV, after you get the black screen check:

test_ioctl -a (is that the right command) and see what the Input setting
is set to.  Mine was changing to 1 or 0 or something.  That will at least
tell you if Myth is changing that setting.

Good luck,

~cj