[mythtv-users] NIC pundit [SOLVED]

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Mon Nov 3 11:18:53 EST 2003

> After trying gentoo, redhat and core, I turned to the BIOS to find a
> solution. It seems that Linux (until 2.4 at least) isn't "Plug and play
> OS" per ASUS definition. If I turn that option OFF, everything works.

the "plug and play OS" option in the BIOS refers to whether or not to let
the BIOS or the OS choose the IRQ and other allocations for the PCI and
other busses.  Generally speaking, the BIOS is better than *any* OS at
doing this, and this option should always be set to "no" unless you're
having trouble (on any machine, not just the pundit).

-Chris